Monday, November 19, 2012

Ebenezer: "Yes!"

1 Samuel 7:12  Samuel took a single rock and set it upright between Mizpah and Shen. He named it "Ebenezer" (Rock of Help), saying, "This marks the place where GOD helped us."

If we took the time to reflect on it, I am certain that we could find moments in our life that stand out more than others. It could be a specific answer to prayer or a confluence of events that ended up being life-changing. This season is an appropriate time to be grateful for those and see where God brought things together as part of His plan.

One of those destiny-altering moments happened for me on February 14, 1993. It was the one year anniversary with my girlfriend-the longest relationship I had ever been in to that point. We had met as cast members of a play in college and had our first date on the previous year's Valentine's Day. I had purchased a ring several months before and was waiting for this day to ask her to marry me. Fortunately for me, when the moment came, she never hesitated, but quickly (and tearfully) said yes.

While others may not see it the same way, I can clearly look back and see how God brought the two of us together. There have been many moments in our almost 18 years of marriage (and 20 years together) where I can see God's hand at work, but this was the beginning of our covenant relationship. God brought me the most incredible companion for this journey and knew how she would bring out the best in me and help me see the truth of the man I'm supposed to be. 

I'm thankful that God steered our paths to cross and even more grateful she said yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment