Monday, July 1, 2013

Sum Total

Our current status is a reflection of our past experiences and our reactions to them. While we cannot change the reality of the previous influences in our life, we get to determine what power they hold over us.

I shared details of my own life history with my children tonight--things that they had not known to this point. They are not always comfortable to reflect on, but I also recognize the way they have shaped me. The life that I have been blessed with and the healing that God has done in me paint a picture of the grace that is freely available regardless of our past. It's a perfect representation of God's ability to take what has been intended for harm and turn it into something beautiful.

Very few of us have a picture-perfect history. We can either choose to replicate the flaws that have affected us or by grace allow Him to reshape & improve us in spite of that past.

No comments:

Post a Comment