Sunday, July 21, 2013

Stirring Thoughts

I admit that I am a sucker for a good quote. I love a thought-provoking statement that causes me to reevaluate my position or challenges me in new ways. I find that I am a collector of quotes and read back through those that I have written down. It's important (in my humble yet accurate opinion) for us to reflect on the influences that cause us to think. This exercise is our way of achieving good mental health by stretching the boundaries of our thought processes. As I looked back over my notebook of challenging thoughts, these are some that have recently pushed me.

  • You can't lead without the willingness to be different, to do what's difficult, and to be misunderstood. It's called courage. -Rick Warren
  • The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us. -Billy Graham
  • An expenditure of words without an income of ideas will lead to conceptual bankruptcy. -Ravi Zacharias
  • Character is what a man is in the dark. -D.L. Moody
  • No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying.  -Leonard Ravenhill
  • If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.  -Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. -Jim Elliot
  • Just because you see the problem doesn't mean you understand the problem. -Carey Nieuwohf
  • Ministry leaders often drink a poisonous cocktail of narcissism and isolation. -Scott Thomas & Tom Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment