Sunday, July 14, 2013

Economy of Time

Earlier this morning I was reflecting on my career of nine years of athletic training/high school & now ten years of ministry. I hit me that it has been 19 years since I left college at the age of
23-a year later than I expected since I took time off for financial reasons. I didn't think much about it then (it just seemed necessary,) but now I see a year that could have been used for other things. I understand the perfection of God's plan and that it was simply part of my story, but it makes me think very carefully about the time I have right now. 

I don't want to waste the moments that I have been given--each day that passes is another day closer to my children leaving the house and the decrease in my direct influence in their lives. Each day that passes is another day of preparation for the future that is gone--whether I used it wisely or not. The people that I pass by will not be in that same location again--not in the same moment of need. Each interaction is uniquely crafted by God and we can either speed through & waste it or invest our full energy into downloading the most potential energy from it.

Time is one of our most precious commodities--it's interesting how callously we treat this valuable resource that we say we are eager to protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment