Thursday, July 4, 2013

I'm Free

I am a patriot. I love our country and have immense respect for those that have paved the way for us to take part in the liberties we have. I don't regard this freedom lightly, but appreciate the boldness of men and
women who were willing to do what was right even when it was difficult. My value of freedom is a key part of my family's life in a national and in a spiritual sense. This value is only perfected when we also submit to Christ's authority and allow Him to release us from the power of sin. While we pause to celebrate the beginning of a blessed nation today I also want to be reminded of the freedom that God offers for His children. One gives us the opportunity to live differently in the short term while the other provides the impetus for life change & influence for eternity. The good news is that both of them are worth celebrating--even more than once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment