Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Regular Romance

I love my wife. That's not new news to anyone who has read this blog or knows us at all. We've been together as a couple for over 22 years now and will hit 20 years of marriage in December. She's still the most attractive woman that I know and I am extremely lucky to be married to her. While we are not a "super-couple" that is impervious to difficulty, we communicate very well with each other and are definitely madly in love. I don't believe we are the model for all marriages, but there is one key factor that continues to help us and is applicable to all couples: the concept of romance.

I don't think that I have to convince my wife that I love her-she knows that I do. I still continue to romance her though (and she does the same for me.) Romance is something that is often relegated to the bedroom, date night, Valentine's Day, and anniversaries. While those are important times it neglects the value of every day wooing. Each day should be a reflection of our desire to let someone know how much you care for them. It can be shown in something as simple as holding hands while watching TV together, an affectionate touch as you pass by, random texts and message, unexpected flowers, a special meal, a foot rub, or (one of our favorites) conversation and coffee on the front porch. Each of these things helps build a solid foundation of trust and love in a couple. It's a daily investment that's worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment