Saturday, March 8, 2014

Out of My Way!

I ran a few errands last night and will readily admit that it wasn't an entirely pleasant experience. I stopped at one store to get a copy of my car key made only to find out they didn't have the right equipment. I shopped at one grocery store for a few simple things and was then informed that self-checkout was no longer available (even though it was only 7:45 pm on a Friday night). My last stop was frustrating in many different ways-from too many fellow shoppers to difficulty finding items on my list.

It wasn't an experience that left me feeling joyful especially since very few parts of it worked out like I had anticipated. Didn't these stores know that I had expectations for my experience? Didn't they know that there were things that I needed to get done? Were other shoppers aware that I had scheduled my excursion for the best fit in my schedule? Did anyone understand the importance of me finding all of the things on my list? Perhaps the better question should be inwardly directed: did I understand how self-focused my attitude was?

When you recognize that your displeasure is a result of your sense of entitlement it's a very humbling feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment