Saturday, March 15, 2014

Good Things

What brings you pleasure in life? I'm not just talking about entertainment or a good way to pass the time either, although there's nothing inherently wrong with either of those. I'm thinking about things that feed who we are and make things feel right. For me it can be:

  • Conversations on the front porch with my wife
  • A good afternoon nap after a hard day of work
  • The collaborative efforts of like-minded people accomplishing a physical task
  • Surprising my children with simple things that they enjoy
  • A good cup of coffee over conversation with a friend
  • Praying with someone in need
  • Looking over a yard that you have spent the day working on
  • Finishing a good book that makes you think deeply
  • A really good meal
  • Preparing and sharing a sermon
  • Confidence in knowing where God is leading your family even if the time frame isn't completely known
It's important to know what brings us joy. Not only does this make us more grateful for these moments, it encourages us to make sure we make time for them in our regular routine.

2 comments:

  1. good morning, I love your life pleasures...they are down to earth...I used to love talking with Ralph on our front porch...he needed me so, and I loved to do things for him. he was my life and now I'm lonely, sad, and missing him. but there are so many things that i enjoy and things that I am totally thankful for. Praise God..for his Faithfulness and for all he does for me. and for my family....I am also very thankful to have you in my life, Pastor Craig; your messages are so uplifting and they open my eyes.
    Mary Maltese Knox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness my friend. My heart breaks for you as much as you miss Ralph, but is also happy for you and your family that loves you. I am grateful for your friendship and encouragement. Take care.

      Delete