Saturday, March 29, 2014

Going West

We are traveling out west today to Show Low, Arizona with our mission team from Northridge. This is my 11th year of travel and my 16th different trip to intentionally minister to the Apache and Navajo peoples. I remember each team and trip with fondness-both the very good parts of each trip and the difficult portions as well. There are certain shared experiences and traditions that we observe, but I am always struck by the uniqueness of each trip. The blend of personalities always changes, but God also shows me new things about myself out there. While there is great comfort in the familiarity of the environment and the relationships we have built there is a great challenge in the newness we encounter. It wouldn't be fair to rate one year as better than the others, but it certainly seems that each experience builds on those of the past. I'm confident that this year will be another great year of impact and growth challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment