Friday, March 22, 2013

March Madness

I love March Madness and the excitement of so many games in such a short period of time. I love great finishes with unexpected winners (and losers) and big shots in big moments. There are some years with heavy favorites to win the title and others years where the field is wide open for whatever team gets hot at the right time. I know that millions (if not billions) of dollars exchange hands throughout the tournament even though I have never been one to place any kind of financial wager on sports (I'm too cheap.) Even though I won't wager on it, I still fill out a bracket for my own competitive nature. I'm fairly well-versed in sports, but I still end up with a so-so bracket because there are simply results that I cannot predict. I could get frustrated about it & maybe if money was exchanging hands I would. I simply credit it to the fact that when human effort and skill is involved, things are not always 100% predictable. Interesting parallel for life, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment