Saturday, May 30, 2015

(Un)predictable

There is a part of me that doesn't want to be predictable. I want to be able to change my rhythm even though I have routines and certain habits that will lead those around me to know certain things about me. I like being able to surprise people based on the circumstances of a particular situation. I hope it's a sign of personal growth even though I will readily admit part of it is attributed to my stubborn nature that will make changes when I feel I am too predictable.

In spite of this, there are certain areas where I want to be positively consistent. I want there to be things about me which can be projected based on the core of who I am.

  • Integrity of my character
  • Love for family
  • Love of God
  • Dependability 
  • Wisdom
  • Steadfastness of spirit
  • Model of generosity
  • Lifestyle of grace & mercy

I don't mind changing things up now and then, but there are certain parts of my life in which I want to maintain a more predictable focus. I believe we need to determine what those solid pieces of our foundation will be and work to make them a consistent part of who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment