Friday, May 8, 2015

Seasonal


Recent years have taught me many things about relationships. These have not always been pleasant lessons, but the fruit of growth is (usually) worth the difficulty in the middle of learning. I've had to discover better ways to communicate, how to be an encouraging, positive source of energy, and worked to transform my reactions to a more thoughtful, compassionate style. Needless to say, I still have a lot to learn.

One of the most difficult lessons I've learned isn't really about my people skills at all, however. I'm gaining an understanding that some relationships are only for certain seasons of life. Not all of our friends, the people we work with, or other close relations will remain in our lives forever. While this might be a tough truth to swallow at first, it's essential to accept for our own stability. This truth doesn't diminish our current relationships, but actually allows us to enjoy them for as long as we have them. I hope this encourages me to deeply appreciate relationships for as long as they last and to see how they were valuable parts of life even if only for a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment