Saturday, May 9, 2015

Hey 15

Our youngest girl turns 15 years old today. Our Olivia is unique, wonderful, and challenging all at once. She is a beautiful redhead who exudes a passion as fiery as her hair. In fact, her passion is a defining characteristic of her personality. She is quick to let you know what she likes and doesn't like and isn't shy about expressing her opinion. Her intelligence and sharp wit serve her well even as she continues to figure out how to use these gifts in the best way. My wife compared her to the wild beauty of the ocean and I can't imagine a more accurate representation of her. She is fierce, unpredictable, deep, swiftly moving, and mesmerizing.  I love her deeply as she challenges me as a parent and Christ-follower and I pray daily for the great work that God will unleash in and through her life.

Happy birthday, Queen Wee. Thank you for being exactly who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment