Friday, May 22, 2015

Missing Element

It's been an interesting week. I feel as if my focus has been pulled in several different directions and while I have been busy, I haven't accomplished very much. I've actually found myself being a bit grumpy throughout the week and have had to apologize to people.

I couldn't quite put my finger on the source of my unrest until this morning. I tweaked my knee last week and haven't been able to run with the regularity I am used to. It wasn't until I (joyfully) hit the streets this morning that I realized how much I had missed running. In just a few months it has become a vital part of who I am and what I do. It relieves stress while pushing me to stay focused on healthy living. Running improves my outlook and makes me feel better about myself. This is my natural method of mood regulation, health building, and sharpening of focus.

Running may not work for everyone (I obviously advocate some form of exercise), but we each need to discover what revitalizes us. It just may be the missing element in our daily routine that keeps us balanced while giving us an outlet for the energy created in the hectic pace of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment