Saturday, May 16, 2015

Don't Push It


I have tweaked my knee somehow this week causing me to take a break from my running routine. I'm not happy about it at all and feel the incredible urge to hit the streets and run in spite of this mild injury. I don't want to lose any momentum I have gained or go backwards in my overall health either. Fortunately, my better sense has won over my desire to run and I am (im)patiently giving it a few extra days to recover. I could try to push through the discomfort, but I recognize that this is not just minor soreness to overcome. My stubbornness could cause more long-term damage than the short-term, good feeling of running would bring.

Acknowledging the need to rest is good wisdom for other areas of my life as well. Recognizing warning signs and learning to ease back in intensity will help in all of my relationships as well as my own personal growth. Sometimes it's better to slow down than to stubbornly push forward even if my motivation is mostly pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment