Saturday, May 23, 2015

Making Adjustments


I wrote yesterday of my recent knee discomfort while running. In spite of that irritation, I decided to run a 5K this morning which I had already paid for. My leg was a bit stiff in warm-up, but I was able to head out on a good pace until just after the second mile when something "popped" in my knee bringing me to an immediate halt. I managed to get going again and finish the race, but have been limping around all afternoon between bouts of ice. I'm obviously not going to be running any time soon, but will have to give this time to rest.

I'm not going to give up on exercising, but will have to find some other way to continue my lifestyle while healing. It's a setback for sure (hopefully not a major one), but one that will take some adjustment in my routine. I really only have two choices: give up this new path I have enjoyed the last eight months or adapt and overcome these circumstances. It will be a challenge for sure, but no different than the one each of us face when we run (sometimes literally) into adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment