Friday, May 29, 2015

Together


From an outside perspective, today might not have seemed uniquely special to anyone else. In fact, the events of the day were rather ordinary. The key to my contentment was found in who I shared my day with--my wife.

Even mundane activities like grocery shopping, eating lunch, and playing with our dogs is better when I share it with her. A day that starts with coffee and conversation on our back porch and ends sitting quietly together (with a couple of dogs joining us) is a good day. This is a reflection of our deep love and shared comfortability which has been forged through years together. It reinforces my belief that ordinary moments shared with the right person are better than extraordinary moments alone. I'm just fortunate these moments are best with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment