Thursday, May 7, 2015

Simple Things


Life is complicated more often than it is simple. We have levels of responsibility, layers of relationships, problems to handle, and dreams to fulfill. There are day-to-day things that must be addressed and future plans to develop. Sometimes the weight of it all can be overwhelming and the right path difficult to see clearly. 

When those complications start to seem too big, I've discovered that I need to refocus on what is simple to gain perspective. A family meal with laughter, multiple stories, and talking over each other is a guaranteed remedy. A conversation with my wife, sitting with my dog, or a good cup of coffee helps me take refuge in the simplistic things that bring peace in the chaos. We've all got to find those moments, wherever they might be, to help bring necessary balance to our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment