Monday, June 24, 2013

Tough Questions

I am preparing to preach this coming Sunday as we wrap up our "Man Up" series at Northridge. I am teaching on David as King and the example that he sets for us in how to lead the right way. In the midst of my preparation I wrote down two important questions for leaders--queries that made me carefully evaluate my own leadership. 

1. Why are you leading?
  • What is your motivation?
  • Are you self-serving or selfless
This answer will influence all of your decisions--especially the tough ones.

2. What is life like for those under your leadership?

    • How would others describe the way you lead?
    • What words would your spouse use to describe how you lead in your home?
    • How is your attitude influencing your children? It is impacting them regardless of your intentions.
    Caring leaders give thought to how those they lead are affected by their efforts. It's an honest assessment that is necessary for growth.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment