Saturday, June 8, 2013

Greater Than

Forrest Gump said that life is like a box of chocolates--you never know what you're going to get. I beg to differ. I say that life is more like preparing for a week of middle school camp. You can write and creatively plan and things will end up going in a different direction than you anticipated. No matter how much time you spend putting together lists of supplies and equipment you will forget something. It is inevitable that you will experience technical difficulties with no obvious or logical explanation. The mix of campers and staff will always change and the resulting fluctuation in chemistry is highly unpredictable. And in spite of (or because of) all these roller coaster shifts, I love this week of camp.

This marks my 10th year doing middle school camp and I am just as excited about the start of the week tomorrow as I have been in previous years. I can't predict the details of what will happen, but I am trusting in the plan that God has put together and the people He will bring here. We may not know exactly how it will go, but I can assure you that it will be Greater Than we thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment