Monday, June 17, 2013

Better Than Most

Neither before nor after Josiah was there a king like him who turned to the Lord as he did—with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his strength, in accordance with all the Law of Moses. 
2 Kings 23:25

It's interesting the things that people will say about you after you are gone. They may remember a positive encounter or something that you did to encourage them. They may also fixate on a bad memory or a negative interaction that created ill will. While there will be outliers that define you, most of our legacy will be defined by our overall body of work and the consistency of our character. 

I want it to be said that I was a loving husband, a devoted father, a compassionate pastor, and a good friend. There is nothing wrong with any of those descriptors, but they also fall short of the ultimate assessment. My prayer is that I will live such a life that anyone who describes me when my turn here is up will simply say that I turned to God in all that I did. I feel comfortable in saying that if that is primary objective the other parts of my life will live up to my expectations as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment