Thursday, June 27, 2013

Golden Opportunities

As I have previously written here, I began my professional career as a high school teacher and athletic trainer at The Mainland High School in my hometown. I worked there for nine years before being called into ministry. I will readily admit that this was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make, in fact, it took me three days to decide. I didn't end up choosing to leave because I no longer wanted to work at MHS when actually I still miss it. I left because I needed to be obedient to God's calling on my life. He was leading me to the next stage of growth for my family and our future. In this opportunity God was asking me, "Do you trust that my plan is better than yours?" 

I believe God presents frequent opportunities for us to make significant decisions to follow Him. Each time we have a chance to step out in faith and believe in His plan for our lives--even when it doesn't seem logical to others around us. Our confidence in God's leading will grow when we sacrifice what is personally important for what is eternally relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment