Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Not You

With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. (2 Thessalonians 1:11 TNIV)

It gets tiring and frustrating when you are constantly striving to do what's right and find yourself falling short. I want to live a life that is worthy of my calling--not just as a pastor, but also a Christ-follower. The problem is that no matter how hard I continue to work, I will slip up at some point. I will find myself doing things that I have promised myself (and God) not to do. I know of too many people who reach the point of hopelessness as they drown in a swift current of broken resolve and self-defeat. How refreshing to read these words from Paul's pen! God is the one who makes us worthy of His calling and it is by His power that our good deeds come to life. The confidence we gain from His power providing the solution is the hope we have all been searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment