Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Manly Men

Most men are very concerned with their image (present company included) and work to make sure that image is maintained. We make it a goal to maintain a "manly" demeanor that is always strong. When it's applied incorrectly it damages our relationships and reduces the integrity of our character. Our goal of appearing strong is actually eliminated as we reveal our insecurity and weakness. 

Even though it might seem contradictory to what we have been taught, we can make the conscious choice to say things that will show we are a real man:
  • I'm sorry
  • I was wrong
  • I forgive you
  • How can I help?
  • Thank you
  • I love you
  • I need help
  • I don't know
The truth is that strength is found in authentic vulnerability and humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment