Thursday, February 14, 2013

Half Life

Today is an anniversary for my wife and I--it was on Valentines Day in 1992 that we had our first date. We had talked & semi-flirted for a while and had made a pact in early January that we would be each other's compensation dates on Valentines Day if neither of us had one. As the day drew closer neither one of really wanted to find someone else, but were eagerly anticipating the time together. I remember purposefully waiting to kiss her until that night (even though I had walked her to her dorm room many nights before the 14th.) I knew she was something special, but had no idea on that day in 1992 that she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I did know it in 1993 on our one-year dating anniversary when I asked her to marry me.

Although we hit this milestone for her a few years ago (since she is younger than me) we have now been together for half of my life. These 21 years may seem like a long time together, but I can say with confidence that another 21 years won't be enough time either.

2 comments:

  1. This year Feb 20th, makes half of our life together for me. Steven being a year younger hit that milestone 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete