Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Keep Moving

There are days when you simply put one foot in front of the other one. You aren't possessed with great amounts of energy, but there are still things that must be done. Even when your immediate wish is to rest for several hours there is a discipline in doing the right thing. The schedule won't clear itself and there are responsibilities that fall only to you. It is on these days that perseverance, vision, and coffee get you through. 

While I simply acknowledge that today was one of those days I also see the parallel to my spiritual walk. I will not always be "flying high" but that doesn't change who God is and my relationship with Him. In fact, I may learn more in the effort it takes to move forward when I don't feel like it than when it is easy. This perseverance develops character and depth in my intimacy with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment