Thursday, May 1, 2014

What Are You Doing?

Do you know what you're doing? I can rattle off a quick list of the things that I am doing without a ton of introspective thought. I know the things I need to do each day and what projects I'm working on. I know where I am investing my mental capital and where I am shifting my energies (at least attempting to). I think often about my roles as Christ follower, husband, father, and pastor and how to be better at them. 

These are all important things, but I still wonder if I really know what I'm doing. In all of those important things do I see God's specific purpose for me? If I can begin to glimpse His sovereign plan for my individual life, then everything I do makes sense in the perspective of a much bigger purpose. I am no longer consumed only with personal productivity or a happy, healthy family. Instead I am able to pursue all of these potentially positive things through the lens of fulfilling God's exact mission for me. Some may not be able to see the difference, but it completely changes my motivation for fulfillment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment