Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Word for Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day and I am reminded again that I am a fortunate man. I am married to a loving, faithful wife and mother to our three children. My own mother persevered for many years to take care  of all of her children. I am also lucky enough to have a wonderful mother-in-law who has been part of my life for almost 23 years now. It's more than one man deserves and certainly a greater blessing than anything I have done to earn it. I wanted to pay homage to these three women today and wondered what to write that would encapsulate them all. It didn't take long for one word to come to mind that fit all three: brave.

In their own respective ways they have stared down cancer time & time again, overcome horrible circumstances, sacrificed emotion, money, and tears, fought through overwhelming adversity, endured the shadow of death, and found new life. Their bravery doesn't mean that they understand everything they endure or that situations don't sometimes overwhelm them. It simply reflects their passionate perseverance through adversity and their indomitable will that refuses to cave in when others would quit. Their courage is shown in the way that they continue to love and push ahead even when it isn't easy. These are three of the bravest women I know and I am honored to love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment