Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Completion Percentage

See to it that you complete the work you have received in the Lord. Colossians 4:17

I wrote yesterday about the importance of doing the right work, but there's another important element to true success: finishing what we've started. 

There is a part of my Type A personality that thrives on the "check mark" in my planner. It's the satisfaction found in marking off tasks and goals and knowing that I accomplished something. At the same time, I have a list of projects that have not been finished and sit waiting for my focused attention. I don't enjoy the fact that things are not done, but it does make me reevaluate the necessity of including them on my agenda. If I'm focused on doing the right thing then I should also be focused on finishing what God has asked me to do. 

There is a great deal of obedience that is found in seeing something through to completion. Not only does it reflect our work ethic and character when we see things through, but it reveals our understanding of our purpose as God has given it to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment