Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chip Off the Old Block(s)

My wife and I were able to attend a musical that all three of our girls performed in last night. Outside of church events this was the first serious theater performance that they have been involved in. I am a little biased, but I thought that our girls did a great job on their first real stage. We had heard so much of the musical as they practiced together (isn't that always the case?) and were very proud of their efforts under the lights. They come by their enthusiasm for the stage honestly as their mother and I met while doing theater in college. It has always been a passion of mine from a very young age and I still have a yearning to take part in local theater at some point.

It's a good feeling to know that we have passed on this love for the stage to our girls. It makes me happy to see the appreciation for good things that we have shared with our daughters. The truth is that we are going to influence their lives in many ways and not all of them will be positive ones. My prayer is that in the middle of our sometimes fumbling ways of parenting we end up sharing more of the positive with them than negative. We certainly are far from perfect, but hopefully they will see our desire to show them what is good and be able to give their parents grace for when we show them something that isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment