Saturday, November 16, 2013

Give & Take

Understanding your personality type is a huge benefit. When you are comfortably aware of who you
are, you are able to invest in things that bring great satisfaction and encouragement. It has taken me many years to come to this understanding on a personal level and now I am able to intentionally make time for interactions that energize me.

The past two and half days has been a perfect example of that practice. I was blessed to spend that time down in my hometown with a constantly full schedule of meeting with friends and family. It's a frenetic pace filled with laughter, coffee, prayers, encouragement, and very little sleep. As much as it eventually tires me out physically (mainly due to a lack of restful hours) it increases my emotional and spiritual energy exponentially. I am grateful for a wife and family that understand my need to do this periodically and a church home that allows me to have the time as well. I am still processing all that I experienced and shared in and am very content in the fullness of my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Love your title.. it's so "tolkieness"...
    Glad you had a great time and are home safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend! Really great trip & glad to be back home!

      Delete