Friday, May 3, 2013

Too Fast

Today was my day off, but ended up being filled with activities and necessary chores. As a bonus to the busyness I was given the gift of spending some of this afternoon with my oldest daughter, Lindsay. We
dropped her sisters off for an overnight middle school event, grabbed some Starbucks, and did some grocery shopping. It wasn't a fancy afternoon, but one that simply brought me joy. We talked about nothing, laughed, shared some wisdom, and just enjoyed each other's company. I could have sat around the house and read or watched a movie, but I wouldn't trade a few hours with my girl for anything. All three of my daughters are incredible gifts to us and I don't want to waste any opportunity we have together. The time of all us under one roof is growing too short to miss out on quality experiences with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment