Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Clinging to Hope

It seems that there is an abundance of bad news and a scarcity of good news lately. The evidence is seen in the aftermath of tornadic devastation in Oklahoma to the young man that was gunned down in Milledgeville this weekend. Each day that passes delivers another story of marital infidelity, drug addiction, sex trafficking, bullying, and severe depression leading to cutting and suicide. It can be enough to completely overwhelm you and lead you to believe there is no hope for society.

I will readily admit that I don't have all the answers. I can't explain why some people are cured from cancer and others are not. I don't know why some relationships are mended and others irrevocably broken. I am unable to rationally explain why one home will be destroyed in a storm and another one is spared. The only real answer that I can give is the one that brings me hope and peace when it makes no sense to have either. My God is still good in spite of all that we see and experience. He is still King over all, He remains sovereign, and He will work all things out for the good of those who love Him. Even though it may seem foolishness to some, I will place my trust in Him and continue to seek His peace that passes all understanding. 

Some days that's exactly what you need to move forward with strength and confidence. 

2 comments:

  1. Amen, that is the only thing that gets me thru my days. Stay strong brother.

    ReplyDelete