Saturday, May 18, 2013

Background Story

I will admit that I am an unashamed people watcher. I can sit contentedly in a coffee shop and pass the time observing the people that pass through. It feeds the curious part of me that wonders what their story is. I wonder why they are there in that moment and how they have arrived at this stage of life. That might seem a little heavy for a person that is simply stopping in for a cup of java, but it's just part of who I am. I am
fascinated with the concept of stories and how they have shaped us into who we are today. I think that we have neglected the art of storytelling and as a result we diminish other's history and the significance of their tale. It's really a shame because we fail to explore who we are when we negate the power of our stories.

Imagine the shift in authentic community if we were willing to not only share our personal testimony, but to passionately engage in listening to other people's as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment