Thursday, May 9, 2013

She's 13

My youngest daughter turned 13 today. It's hard to believe that our last little girl is no longer that little, but it's the reality we are faced with. She has truly grown into a teenager and not necessarily in the "typical" fashion. She is maturing at a rapid rate both intellectually and emotionally. We have seen so much growth her in this
past year-not just the fact that she is taller than my wife-but in the way she handles adversity and processes difficulties. She is a passionate young lady who is willing to speak her mind and her power of speech will be an incredible gift for her as she continues to refine her character. She loves her family deeply (as evidenced by the pure joy & love she greets me with each time I return home. I know that God has great things in store for her and my wife & I pray daily for her commitment to Christ to be the core of who she is as she develops. I keep seeing glimpses of the woman she will become (they are more frequent now) and I am trusting in God's promise to complete the good work that He has started in her. I love this girl and am proud of who she is & who she will be.

The first 13 years seem like they have gone by too quickly--here's hoping these next few slow down a bit. I don't want to miss any part of her growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment