Friday, May 31, 2013

Sharing the Moments

I attended another graduation tonight and thoroughly enjoyed the entire commencement. It was particularly special to me to see some of these young people walk across the stage. This class has several people that I have invested in over the last 3 1/2 years. We have been through tough stages of life, counseled through
heartbreak, shared cups of coffee, and served in the mission field together. It was a deep pleasure to hug each of them and tell them how proud I am of their accomplishments.

This is one of the main reasons I loved teaching and why I enjoy ministry. It's found in the life-to-life moments we share that build camaraderie and a depth of relationship that is carved out of good & bad times together. These relationships (some of them developed over the last 20 years) bring me deep joy & satisfaction and serve as an impetus to seek out more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment