Saturday, December 1, 2012

In the Middle

Today my beautiful, blonde, blue-eyed, middle daughter turned 14. We have several friends who have commented on how they can't believe that she is this old & when I stop to think about it I admit it's a struggle for me too.

The time that we have with her under our roof is quickly growing short and I know that there is still so much that we need to do to prepare her for what comes next. It's a daunting responsibility and my wife & I want to do our very best to guide her down God's path. She is already making so many good choices and we want to do what we can to help her determine how to keep choosing wisdom. Bailey is most definitely a daddy's girl (even my wife says so) and I don't take lightly the trust that I have to protect her heart. She is genuinely sweet and hates to think that you might be upset with her. I constantly pray for the protection of her innocence and for the maturity she will need to keep herself safe in her decisions.

I love this girl with all my heart and can't wait to see the woman she will become. I just pray it doesn't happen too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment