Friday, July 20, 2012

Who Am I?

What kind of man do I want to be? I was in the habit of thinking this through quite often, but have set it aside recently as my agenda has become task driven instead of goal oriented. This is a fluid and incomplete description, but having the vision in front of me gives me something to work towards.
  • Christ-lover above all things
  • Dedicated husband who makes his wife feel like she is the best woman in the world
  • Father who invests in his children with their God-ordained future in mind
  • Generous with my resources of time, energy, and finances
  • Patient when the natural response is impatience
  • Compassionate for other people
  • A good listener
  • Well-read in many areas
  • Visionary as a leader
  • Developer of other leaders
  • Encourager
  • Friend who is dependable
  • A man who is a pleasure to be around
  • Authentic in recognizing my own shortcomings & admitting my need for God's help
In the busyness of what must be done I will focus on who I must become.

No comments:

Post a Comment