Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Got It

I realized this morning while enjoying the peace of the morning air and a good cup of coffee that I am too dependent upon my own ability to get things done. I believe firmly in God's provision and will, but sometimes neglect to rely on Him as much as I should. I am not negating the importance of perseverance and hard work. I am simply acknowledging the reality of my own stubbornness and my life pattern of self-reliance. You would think that my previous experience of personal exhaustion and clear evidence of God-led victory would have already changed that in me.

Mark Batterson says that we should work like it depends on us and pray like it depends on God. I have the first part of this equation down pat. It's the second half that will unleash the power of the Holy Spirit in my life and in ministry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment