Thursday, July 5, 2012

Don't Ask Me

I don't know what is next. I do know what is on my calendar (it's full) and I know what tasks I need to be working on (multiple categorized lists help.) There are just so many other details that I am unsure of in the middle of this continually busy season. 

We continue to pray, study Scripture, strategize, and dream, but that doesn't always mean the answers will be immediately evident. I am still seeking solutions for ministry direction, new ways to connect to people, a new living situation, parenting solutions, and the next steps on the path God is leading us on. It can be frustrating and tense to not have the responses you seek.

In this I am reminded of a God who has never let me down before. He is called the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to prompt memories of His previous deliverance--not just in Biblical history, but in my own life. He never fails to provide and it is my (sometimes shaky) confidence in that provision that carries me through.  It is not knowing and still trusting in Him that defines and refines my faith.

Where else would I put my hope and trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment