Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Sinner's Prayer

Create in me a clean heart, o God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Create: make something new that I cannot make on my own. I will will try & fail to do this every day under my power.

In me: not external, but in the wellspring of my soul that will affect everything else that I do

Clean heart: I recognize that my heart will not be pure based on my willpower. I am not content with my heart's current state & I humbly ask that you make it clean for Your sake and for mine.

o God: I call on You as my first and last resort my King. I will call on Your name as the Creator of all things, the King to whom I pledge allegiance, my compassionate Father, and the lover of my soul.

Renew: my dedication to You unfortunately fades. While I do not wish for it to be this way, I seek out Your regenerative love and beg You to refresh my soul.

Steadfast spirit: while I recognize that I fluctuate in the intensity of my devotion to You, I can honestly confess that my heart desires to seek You more consistently. It is only in Your ability to forgive my sin and set me on the right path that my spirit is made stronger. I desire unwavering intimacy with You, my Lord, and believe in Your magnanimous love that makes this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment