Saturday, September 15, 2012

Confession


My name is Craig and I am a recovering sin addict. I have not recovered from it, but am continuing to work in the process of the pursuit of holiness. I do not fight this battle alone, but move forward with the power of the Holy Spirit. I gain confidence in the promises of God, who began a good work in me and will see it to completion. When I fail in my imperfect nature (and I will) I can grab on to the promises of forgiveness by confessing my sin. The journey onward will be difficult, but when I realize that holiness is my goal I can make the decisions that will lead me in that direction. I will get frustrated with the power that I feel sin has over me, but I find encouragement in the transformation that life with Christ brings each day. Some days it will be easier than others, but the fight strengthens me in ways I can only glimpse right now. My admission of weakness and subsequent seeking of God's fortifying power will bring victory. Sin and death have already been conquered for me and I will strive to live in that truth today.

No comments:

Post a Comment