Monday, August 3, 2015

That's Refreshing


I was thinking this morning about the things that revive me and bring me energy. There’s nothing quite like the first sip of hot coffee in the morning or the first splash of cool water when your throat is dry. Sometimes it’s a conversation with a friend that renews your spirit and brings a different perspective. I’ve discovered that quiet, meditative prayer and journaling can reinvigorate me as I work through emotions and concerns. Exercise has become a big part of my life and even though it requires  energy it can also renew my spirit. Time away can be a big source of refreshment as I am eagerly anticipating our family vacation at the end of the month. This is an extended time of relaxation guaranteed to refresh my mind and body. Fortunately, I don’t have to wait an entire month to gain this, but can find it in moments throughout the week as well.

Finding ways to renew and refresh ourselves takes on different forms based on our personality and season of life. There is no set formula for finding it, but if we want to remain healthy we need to figure out what works for us and then do it. It doesn’t always have to be a grand event, but we do need to discover the small pieces of life which bring us renewed energy and focus. Learning to take pleasure in these minor (and major) moments of renewal will establish a healthy, consistent rhythm in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment