Thursday, August 6, 2015

Going 100


The world has yet to see what God will do with and for and through and in and by the man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him.  Mark Batterson

I’m not that man, but I would like to be. How do I keep growing in that direction? What do I need to set aside so I can put my life in God’s hands? How do I need to see the world around me if I am fully committed to this cause?

Choosing to follow this path won’t just change me, but will also change everyone I come into contact with. This isn’t an overestimation of my influence, but an accurate reflection of what God is capable of doing if I truly dedicate my life to serving Him. Batterson says the world hasn’t seen that level of manhood, but I haven’t even seen it in myself. I can’t expect the world to change if I’m not going to focus on changing me first. My desire is the first step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment