Thursday, August 13, 2015

An Act of Control

I ran 5 miles today. I hesitate to share since it feels like boasting. It's simply a statement of what I did at the end of my day. I planned this run earlier in the week knowing I would need it. In fact, I looked forward to it all day long.

There are many, many things I cannot control. Even with detailed planning, intentional goals, careful thought, and dedicated prayers there will be unpredictable events. This really isn't new information for me, but there are some seasons in life where it seems more evident than others. I don't have any easy answers to this dilemma but to schedule some things I can control, like a run.

We won't always know what we are going to encounter and or be able to change everything we will deal with. We can find some balance by doing some intentional things that help us stay grounded even if it's only in something small.

No comments:

Post a Comment