Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Best

I believe that 2014 is the most important year of my life. I don't have any special insight or prophetic vision for the future that guarantees that, but I still believe it to be so. This is my most important year to become more mature as a follower of Christ, to increase my devotion to my wife & children, and to become a more effective leader and pastor. This year holds tremendous promise and potential for the greatest interaction with God that I have experienced to this point in my life. I can accomplish more than I ever have before and see my faith progress in greater ways as I increase my discipline and devotion to what matters most.

There is nothing magical about 2014 other than the fact that it is the year that I have to work with. I won't ever get to repeat this year and once these specific moments have passed they are gone forever. It is the most important year because it's the one that I have. Approaching this year with that attitude guarantees that I won't casually pass through opportunities for personal growth. It helps me stay focused on the power of the moment and the seize the potential God places in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment