Friday, September 27, 2013

Dinner Time

We spent an hour and a half around our dinner table last night. The meal was good, but our reason for sitting there that long had nothing to do with a long, drawn out meal. It was centered around our family and the fact that we enjoy spending time together. We laughed at each other's quick quips and funny one-liners, talked about silly things that don't have great depth of meaning, and told stories. Our girls listened intently, interrupted with questions, and we all got off track only to wind up back where we began. When we finally got up from the table I told my wife that it was the best part of my day.

I love these girls and everything we get to do with them. These simple times of conversation around the dinner table are a key part of who our family is. I feel confident in knowing that our girls value it as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment