Friday, April 12, 2013

Rest Up

Today was the first day in over three weeks where I didn't have anything on my calendar to accomplish. I was able to sleep in, leisurely enjoy my coffee, catch up on website reading, and lay in my hammock. I
wasn't productive at all, but I also don't feel guilty about it either. We all need rest and too often I am foolish enough to believe that I can just keep going and everything will be fine. Not only do my relationships suffer from not having the time off, but I don't operate at the same speed and efficiency without that rest. There are times when the demands of life and ministry make it difficult (if not impossible) to maintain this weekly rest. However, I am reminded each time I rest how important it is in more ways than I can tangibly count.

No comments:

Post a Comment