Monday, April 1, 2013

Family Matters

My wife & I are in Arizona on our annual mission trip to work at the American Indian Christian Mission in Show Low. This is my 10th year and 16th overall trip to Show Low and I never get tired of the experience. This year is different because we are sharing it with our oldest daughter, Lindsay. This is her first mission trip and I am pumped to show her the places we have only talked about for a decade. Her sisters will make this journey over the next two years as we go through this rite of passage. It's a great way to share with them the need to sacrifice financially, physically, and spiritually to help share Christ with other people. It teaches them the value of hard work and doing something that truly is for the benefit of others, even if it does make you feel good in the process. I love that our family gets to share in this and while I don't want to wish time away, I can't wait for all of my girls to be out here with us on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment