Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Refreshing

I had the tremendous pleasure to take part in worship at a house church near GCSU tonight. We have been ministering to college students for some time now and several of them had invited me to be part of a Tuesday night with them. That is normally our family night, but this week my four lovelies are visiting my mother-in-law in Nashville for her birthday so my evening was free.

It was a total breath of fresh air for me. I had no expectations on me except to show up and be part of the work of the Holy Spirit. I didn't have to think about what was happening next, who might make a decision, if someone greeted a 1st time guest, and how well the logistics were working out. I was able to simply be in the room and experience the organic flows of worship without much thought but of praise. I didn't sing a note, but reveled in the sound of a packed house of college students as they sang and prayed aloud as the Spirit moved them. I was blessed by their enthusiasm and simply closed my eyes to dwell in the waves of praise as they crashed over me. I was comforted and ministered to by the sharing of the Word and could feel the Holy Spirit communicating directly to me through each verse. 

It was a reminder to me of the beauty of God and the passion that people share for His name & His truth. I see these same reminders each Sunday as well, but the change from the norm was a special blessing for me tonight. I am enthusiastically encouraged through the work God is obviously doing in this generation and especially glad that we could share in it together tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment